Having difficulty Getting Construction Loans or Finance?
Every business is different, however there are particular issues that construction businesses face which are unique to the sector.
Often with low margins and tough trading conditions, cash flow can be a problem. Below is a list of problems we’ve seen happen in the industry:
- Retention sums not released at agreed times
- Delays in repayments from HMRC, regarding CIS deductions (which are connected to PAYE scheme). HMRC can be slow in making CIS refunds, leading to issues with cash flow.
- Loss of large contracts, so called “subby bashing”
- Issues with sub-contractors
- Difficult customers
- Lengthy contracts with prices agreed at beginning. I.e. quotes do not keep up with rising costs.
- Less focus on financial accounts due to management being onsite
- Hard to find new contracts if cash flow is tight, perhaps due to low credit rating
It might be that an additional loan is not what is required.... As turnaround practitioners, our specialists can help tackle these issues with you to get your construction business back on track. We can go through all the available options, like expert assessment of the issues your company faces, improved financial reporting, Time to Pay deals, CVAs and pre-pack administrations. We can also find finance for construction companies in distress.
We also have industry specific turnaround experts who can act as non executive directors, chairman or turnaround managers. We have turned around construction companies form £500k to £25m sales.
Call us on 0800 9700539 for free expert advice and a talk through your options. We can visit you onsite to discuss your specific situation.
We have over 15 case studies of companies in the construction sector - see here for more details.